We just got back from a week in Maui for a friend's wedding. We had such a wonderful time and fell in love with the island immediately. It has been very hard being back in the rain. I am feeling a bit depressed knowing what kind of lifestyle I am missing. It is just so laid-back and fun. Everyone there was very friendly and happy. Nobody can be grumpy when it is 80* in February. We spent a lot of time on the beach playing in the sand, swimming and boogie boarding.
We went to a Luau at the Royal Lahaina Resort. It was a good show and Jackson watched intently the entire time.
Mom, Jennifer and I went on a whale watching cruise as Maui is the breeding/birthing site of choice for the humpback whales. The whale population from December to April is in the thousands. While on the boat, everyone was watching the some whales on one side of the boat, when suddenly, we all heard the whoosh of the water and looked over and there were two huge males about 10 feet from the boat. It was awesome, but a little scary too. The males then got into a little bit of a fight over a female and one male slapped his tail on the water at least 15 times in a row. The crewmen said this was a very rare sight and were taking pictures too. It was so amazing.
Here are a couple of family photos. The first one is Dale and Jackson in a really cool tree in an oceanside park and the second is all of us at the wedding reception site in Makena. As I sign off for now, I just want to note that it is snowing like crazy here. I think I'm gonna check the Maui classifieds for a job opening. Hope all is well with you.
Good pictures. You better not move away. Just enjoy the wonderful places to get away. Mom Green
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness I am insanely jealous!! First off that you got a vacation and secondly that it was to somewhere absolutely beautiful and sunny. I'm closing my eyes right now and imagining that I am on a sunny beach with sand squishing between my toes.... oh wait that's just carpet... I'm awake now and back to reality.... got to get the laundry done. Can't wait to see more pictures!
ReplyDelete